Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Mr Pessimistic

After a really good weekend with some of my wife's family, we heard yesterday that the sale of our house had fallen through, basically two weeks before we were due to complete. People are so irresponsible and it drives me mad.

We were due to return home early December and unless a miracle happens, there's no way we can. It's one of the most frustrating things I have ever experienced. My wife is always on at me being pessimistic, but I would like to think of myself as a realist.. It's things like this where we have no control of that solidify my sometimes not-so-positive outlook on life!

In the scheme of things, no-one has died and and we're all healthy, so I suppose it'll be ok -we're just struggling to be optimistic at the moment. We have friends and family who care and that carries us through. At the moment all we want to do to finish our jobs, go on our cruise and go home..

The fact that South Africa stands a fairly descent chance of winning the world cup, goes a little way to helping...

Let me stop writing on before I get even more depro... At least tomorrow's hump day.

2 comments:

rodney said...

I have a new philosophy. I'm only going to dread one day at a time.
Charles M. Schulz (1922 - 2000), Charlie Brown in "Peanuts"

Rich said...

LOL - I like that... thinks I'll be trying to live to that philosophy for a while..