Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Robyn Lea Mackrill - 25 March 1982 - 15 October 2010

Today, my 28 year old cousin Robyn is been buried. After a battle with cancer, she passed away at 8:27am on Friday 15 October 2010. She leaves behind her Mom, Dad and brother. Just over two years ago she attended the funeral of my niece, Kirstin, who was tragically killed in a car accident at the age of 18.

I remember when she was a little girl, she always had an answer for everything! There's something about the Mackrill girls, they're all arty, free spirited and never have to dig to deep for a chirpy answer, but they have the softest hearts.

For me this just brings home how temporary our existence is on this earth. Our move to Australia has been one of the most difficult life experiences I had. I really dislike my job at the moment and things like this highlight how important it is to stay focused on what's important in life. When we are young, we believe we are indestructible and that we'll live forever. When a young life is extinguished, we come to realise that each day is a gift and we need to make the most of it.

After the birth of our daughter Abigail, I realised that not much else matters. Yes, we need to earn a living to survive, but it's really not important. How you live your life, bring up your children, love your family and friends is what matters. I don't know how parents survive the death of a child, as it is unnatural and incredibly cruel.

Roby, I'm sure you're partying with Kirst and Aunt Ellen and Uncle Gerald. RIP my cousin. God Bless.

Love

Rich

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Only found this now Rich! :(

Hope all is well your side!

Shaun